Is your home or building built on a hill or a slope? Do you require a retaining wall to be built on your driveway? A retaining wall is an essential piece of construction that helps you stabilize sloping ground so that the soil and stones stay in place. It is essential to build retaining walls for any steep slopes around your house or building to avoid land sliding and dirt being washed away. Beautifully constructed retaining walls also add to the overall aesthetic appeal to your space and increase the value of your property. Retaining walls can be built in gardens to make them look more authentic and traditional.
Since there are a number of factors that need to be considered before the retaining wall is constructed, you need to hire the services of a professional to get the job done. There is a requirement to determine the size, width, height and depth of the retaining wall. Then there is also a requirement to decide what exact material should be used to construct the retaining wall.
B&D Builders have the expertise to construct strong, durable and effective retaining walls. We have experience constructing retaining walls across Melbourne. We have the ability to determine the physical aspects of the retaining wall and its design, and then build and install it on your property.
According to your needs, we can build:
- Gravity walls: A type, which is thicker at the base and as the height increases, the wall, becomes thinner. This is a very basic type of retaining wall that works for small slopes only.
- Cantilever Retaining Walls: This type of wall can support taller slopes since it has uniform thickness across its height. Constructing this type of wall is a little more complicated and requires the use of steel to strengthen the base of the wall and its surface.
- Sheet Pile Retaining Walls: Constructed by using wooden, steel or vinyl planks, this type of wall is ideal for supporting soft soils.
- Anchored Retaining Walls: This type of wall makes use of cables for added strength and durability and therefore, is effective in holding back heavy weights.
- Counterfort Retaining Walls: This type of wall offers the greatest amount of strength as it makes use of vertical concrete webs. This type of wall is preferable and economical for supporting heavy loads.
We can work in consultation with you to determine what kind of retaining wall will be ideal for your property.
So give us a call and a member of our team will be more than happy to start work on building a strong and attractive retaining wall for your property.